η - Translingual
- (mathematics) The metric tensor in quantum field theory.
- (chemistry, physics) The coefficient of viscosity.
- (engineering) Efficiency in engineering.
- (physics) Sommerfeld parameter.
- (machine learning) Learning rate.
η - Ancient Greek
η • (ē) (lowercase, uppercase Η)
- Lower-case eta, the seventh letter of the ancient Greek alphabet. Its name was ἦτα and it represented a long open-mid front unrounded vowel: /ɛː/. It is often transliterated as either e or i. It is preceded by ζ and followed by θ.
η - Greek
- IPA: /i/
- Homophone: οι (oi)
η • (i) (lowercase, uppercase Η)
- Lower-case eta, the seventh letter of the modern Greek alphabet. Its name is ήτα and it represents a close front unrounded vowel: /i/. It is often transliterated as either e or i. It is preceded by ζ and followed by θ.
η • (i) f sg
|* The final "ν" is preserved before vowels, and the plosive/affricate consonants: κ, π, τ, ξ, ψ, μπ, ντ, γκ, τσ, τζ
1. Archaic forms used in certain fixed phrases: τοις (tois), τας (tas)